Let’s take a look at how some popular consumer water filters fall short of giving us the safe, clean water that we all seek.
- Granular Activated Carbon – Removes chlorine leaving water susceptible to bacterial growth.
- Brita Pitcher Filter – Doesn’t guarantee purity, but rather better taste and odor.
- Zero Water – 0 TDS water is unstable, quickly becomes acidic, can cause calcium to leach out of the teeth or the consumer.
- Under-counter Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems – Waste up to 17 gallons of water for every one gallon drinking water produced. Water tastes flat. Water in storage tank is devoid of chlorine. Bacteria can readily multiply and contaminate the system and your household.
- Water Softener – Added sodium can post a health problem to those on low sodium diets.
- Whole House Reverse Osmosis System – High purity can cause copper to leach into drinking water. Lack of chlorine contributes to bacterial growth. For a family of 4, a whole house RO can send 2,000 gallons per day down the drain.
- Salt-free Water Conditioners – Do not provide any measurable benefit.